Spiced Pear Breakfast Crumble
- 3 tablespoons Kellogg’s® Special K® Classic
- 1/2 tablespoon raw coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon milled or ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C / fan 180C˚/ 375˚F.
2. Place the chopped pears, lemon juice, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in small ovenproof dish and stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut flakes, oats, Special K® Classic cereal, buckwheat flour, milled or ground flaxseed, coconut palm sugar and sliced almonds to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil to the crumble mixture and stir again to combine thoroughly.
5. Spoon the crumble topping of the pears and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the pears are soft and bubbling.
6. Serve warm or cold, with a dollop of Greek yogurt if desired.