- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
- 1 egg
- 200g cooked pumpkin
- 1/4–1/3 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, mix well.
3. Add the Kellogg's® Corn Flakes.
4. Whisk together the egg and pumpkin puree and roughly combine with the flour mixture.
5. Add 1/4 cup of milk to the mixture and combine well. *If mixture is too dry add remaining milk.
6. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to a 5cm thick rectangle.
7. With a sharp knife, score top of scone to make 12 portions.
8. Place on a lined baking tray.
9. Bake on middle shelf for 12-14 minutes until well puffed and golden.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a clean tea towel.
11. Serve with butter and jam.