Orange and Pecan Lattice Tarts
- 2 sheets shortcrust pasty
- 1/3 cup golden syrup, warmed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
1. Grease six individual 10cm fluted loose-bottomed tart tins.
2. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares; line tins with six of the squares, reserve remaining two.
3. Press pastry into sides of tins; trim edges, prick all over with fork. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
5. Place tins on oven tray; cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake, uncovered, in a moderately heated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove paper and beans carefully from tins; bake in oven about 5 minutes or until tart shells brown lightly. Cool to room temperature.
7. Combine syrup, rind, Kellogg's® Corn Flakes and pecans in medium bowl; divide mixture between tart shells.
8. Cut remaining pastry into 1cm strips. Twist each strip and lay across filling to form a crisscross pattern. Brush pastry with egg.
9. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until browned. Stand 5 minutes before removing from tins.
10. Serve warm with crème fraiche or vanilla ice-cream if desired.