Lemon Yoghurt Munchies
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Vanilla Flavour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup glucose syrup*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150g pitted dates, chopped
- 90g chopped dried peaches
Lemon yoghurt icing
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 50g chopped dried peaches, extra
To make base:
1. Combine Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and rolled oats in a large bowl.
2. Heat glucose syrup, maple syrup, dates and peaches together in a saucepan until boiling.
3. Lower heat & simmer, stirring for 3 minutes.
4. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
5. Add to dry ingredients & mix until well combined (be careful, mixture is hot).
6. With slightly wet hands press mixture into a greased paper lined 31 x 21 cm rectangular tin.
7. Refrigerate until firm.
To make lemon yoghurt icing:
1. Combine all icing ingredients except peaches, in a bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Spread evenly over base, sprinkle with extra chopped peaches.
3. Refrigerate uncovered until firm.
4. Cut into squares.
* Available at health food outlets and pharmacies.