Lemon Meringue Pie
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flakes, lightly crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 280g jar of lemon curd butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. To make the base, combine Kellogg's® Corn Flakes, butter and coconut.
3. Press into a 20cm round baking dish. Line with baking paper and fill with rice or baking weights.
4. Place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and discard baking paper and contents.
5. Pour lemon curd lemon butter into the base and place to one side.
6. Beat the egg whites for 2 minutes. Add the sugar and salt, whisking until dissolved and firm peaks appear.
7. Spread mix evenly over the pie top.
8. Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until topping becomes lightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and serve immediately.