Lebanese Rice Pilaf
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shelled chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Flakes
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown or white long grain rice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1. Cook rice according to package directions, replacing the water with broth and omitting salt and butter or margarine.
2. In large skillet, melt butter or margarine. Stir in celery, mushrooms, pistachios and onion. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally - until celery is tender-crisp.
3. Add basil, curry powder, sage and pepper and stir for about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked rice and water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cereal, pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Serve immediately.