Chocolate Crispy Biscuits
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Vanilla Flavour
- 1/2 cup milk choc bits
- 1/2 cup white choc bits
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 5 tablespoons chocolate spread
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat margarine and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale in colour. Gradually add egg and vanilla extract, beating well after each addition. Stir in sifted flour; mix until well combined. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal, choc bits and hazelnuts (if using); mix well by hand. Spoon level tablespoons of mixture onto baking paper lined oven trays.
3. Bake in oven for about 12–15 minutes or until lightly browned. Stand 5 minutes on trays; cool on wire racks. Sandwich biscuits together with chocolate spread. Store in airtight container.