Cauliflower and Bacon Gratin with All-Bran Breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Flakes
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Béchamel Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in flour. Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, for 1 or 2 minutes to make a paste. Gradually stir in milk, nutmeg and salt; cook, whisking, for 5 or 6 minutes or until mixture thickens. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse bacon and cereal until coarsely ground; set aside. 4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch cauliflower florets for 2 or 3 minutes. Drain well; place in a 3.5 L (13- x 9-inch) baking dish and pour the sauce over top. Sprinkle with parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella. Sprinkle the bacon mixture over top; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
5. Broil for 1 or 2 minutes or until top is browned.