- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Flakes
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
2. In medium bowl, mix together cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. In large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times. Roll out to about 1 cm (1/2-inch) thickness. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. (Or press into circle and cut with knife into wedges.) Place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. In small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water; brush biscuits. Bake at 230°C (450°F) for about 12 minutes or until light brown. Serve hot.